I’ve always loved the idea of having a bucket list; it means that you have ambition and dreams for your life. I think if I thought about it hard enough, my bucket list would just go on and on and on. I’d find it very difficult to cap what I want to be doing. From swimming with dolphins and seeing the northern lights, to sky-diving and simply holidaying in Australia.
OK, so this post is going to be a list of 20 things in my bucket list,each with a brief reason why I want to do that particular thing. I’ll agree, most of them, if not all of them are fairly generic, but I might try and add a couple that might get a few of you thinking “Hmmm, I might add that to my list.”
So in no particular order, here we go!…
1. Go on Safari in Africa – This is a big one for me. My favourite animal in the entire world is the Giraffe, I love them; they’re just adorable. So to see one in the wild, I think i’d faint due to pure excitement.
2. Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef – I’m sure this is on most peoples list. Just the feeling of being there, seeing something that amazing. The worlds largest coral reef system, which can be seen from SPACE! Plus i’d quite like to see Nemo and Dori just chilling.
3. Play Golf at Augusta National Golf Club – Only golfers will understand. But the feeling of playing the worlds most prestigious course would be incredible.
4. Publish a Book – I’m not sure whether it would be a novel or something like a poetry book; but i’d love to see my work published on the shelves of a major bookseller. It would give me tingles.
5. Go to an NBA game to see the Lakers in action – This one ranks high in my list. To actually go and see the Lakers play, with court-side seats would be out of this world.
6. Route 66 – My sister did this and she had the most amazing time. I love the idea of driving down a mega long road with nothing either side of you but baron land, wow!
7. Go to the Masters – If I can’t play the course, i’d at the very least like to go to watch the Masters live one day. Just to see all of my favourite golfers at their very best, in the most important major of the golfing year.
8. Make a living doing what I love – If I could one day forge a career out of writing, blogging, YouTubing or anything like those things, I’ll be a happy man.
9. Hold an original copy of anything by William Shakespeare – Strange one, I know, but what can I say I love the man, I even did my university dissertation on him! Someone, anyone, make this happen for me!
10. Visit the 7 wonders of the world – It’s a classic. No explanation needed.
11. Fly First Class – I mean, who wouldn’t want to do that. Actually, maybe people who don’t like flying. But I like flying, so…
12. Send a message in a bottle – I love this one. I love the idea that in 20 years or so, someone will find my message in my bottle and read it, then tell me they found it. Would be amazing.
13. Meet my favourite Musicians – Now who would I meet? You Me At Six, All Time Low, Professor Green, Rizzle Kicks, Coldplay. And i’m sure there are possibly a few more I could think of.
14. Own my own house – This might seem a bit boring to some people, but I reckon one of the best things you could do in your life is get on the property ladder.
15. Own a Dog – I had a dog when I was really little but he was a nuisance and we just couldn’t tame him so we had to give him away. I’d love to own a husky and call him Zeus.
16. Participate in a conservation project – I’d love to work with animals in Africa one day, even if it was for just a few weeks.
17. Meet the Royal Family – Now I’ve seen The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh at the horse racing, but to actually meet a member of the Royal family would simply be the most amazing experience.
18. Be in the audience for TopGear – I’d actually love to be a guest on TopGear, but since that will never happen I’d settle for watching it live in the studio.
19. Visit the Kremlin in Russia – It has always been on my list and will always stay there but to be honest, given the current unstable nature of the world, especially Russia at the moment, it probably might not happen any time soon.
20. Sky-Dive – Another classic. Most people want to do this; my dad did do it and loved it so I want to do it too, simple.
So there you have it, a select few of some of the things on my Bucket List. There are i’m sure, dozens more but this is all you’re going to get at the moment.
What I want to know is, what’s on YOUR Bucket List and WHY.